Tuesday 20 March 2018

The Future

Hi 3rd graders,

Copy this explanaition to your notebooks. This is your homework for Thursday, 22nd of March. 


THE FUTURE

WILL

-  a prediction or speculation about the future -> I think Maria will be famous one day.
- an offer or spontaneous decision -> It’s too heavy for you. I’ll help you.
- a promise -> I will take care of your dog while you're on holiday.
- a refusal to do something now -> I won’t speak to him, no way!

GOING TO

- a prediction of the future based on the evidence  -> Stop swinging on your chair, you’re going to break it.
- future plans and intentions -> We are going to spend the summer in Scotland.

PRESENT SIMPLE

- timetable -> Come on! The bus leaves in 15 minutes!

PRESENT CONTINUOUS

- a fixed personal arrangement -> I’m playing football with my friends tomorrow.

FUTURE PERFECT
- an activity that will be completed by a certain time in the future -> I’ll have travelled to 20 countries by 2020.


FUTURE CONTINUOUS

- an action that will be in progress at the certain time in the future -> Don’t call me in the morning, I’ll be having yoga class.


Links:


1. 

2. 

3.

4.

5

6.
 QUIZ





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?
Leave a post!